Membership in Texas Medical Association and the Jefferson County Medical Society total well over 35,000. Included is Texas physicians, practicing 132 medical specialties, and medical students from the 8 Texas medical schools. This translates to a market share of over 85% of the doctors of medicine (MDs) licensed and residing in Texas, and 85% of the state's medical students.
- Powerful, effective representation before the Texas Legislature on issues that directly affect physician practices.
- Influence and involvement in the electoral process to help elect candidates who bring a sympathetic and fair ear to physician and patient concerns.
- Reporting and interpretation of state and federal health care regulations and reimbursement guideline that have become an integral part of physician practices.
- Detailed analysis of the latest socioeconomic research on issues that can help physicians make wise practice decisions.
- Public relations communications with the general public to positively enhance the image of physicians and the medical profession.
- Opportunities for involvement in a democratic forum of medicine in which physicians can raise and debate issues, formulate policy, and influence changes to better the profession.
- Information resources such as the Texas Medicine news magazine, Action newsletter, and the TMA Web Site that report the latest information impacting the medical community.
- Access to Interlibrary loan and Loansome Doc, as well as computer search services such as MEDLINE.
- Inclusion in the annual TMA Physician Directory and the JCMS Pictorial Directory.
- Access to services such as claims processing, consulting, insurance products, credentialing, educational publications, and data to support contract negotiations and utilization management through Texas Physician Services Organization (TPSO).
- Practice management, risk management and socioeconomic seminars and publications that assist physicians and their office staff with the business aspects of running a successful medical practice.
- Access to practice management consultants, financial and investment planning, Gold MasterCard, credit card processing service for patients, and a variety of other business services that can help make practices run more effectively.
- Access to continuing medical education programs that will enable physicians to stay current with the latest advances in medicine and help in meeting the requirements for annual licensure.
- Public health initiatives to educate and provide assistance to physicians and their patients on public health concerns such as cancer prevention, family violence, bicycle safety, immunization needs, and preventive health.
- Quality improvement and outcomes management activities to ensure that all Texans receive the highest quality of health care available.
- Competitive group and professional liability insurance programs available to qualifying physicians.
Please contact our office if we can assist you further at 409-924-0499, or call the Texas Medical Association at 1-800-880-1300 for information.